Alcibiades

Heres the link, enjoy!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1YrSn60eRR8eDPa03W0QuDRPPRy66zleZiitDR0AIGZM/edit?usp=sharing


Comments

  1. Nice job in your narration style. I liked it from the first line when you say the gods walked among us

    ReplyDelete
  2. As someone who is also interested in greek mythology and history, this story was a good read. It succinctly tells an eloquent story with many twists and turns. I knew very little about Alcibiades before this (only what I learned from Wilson), and I definitely liked this version of the history. As Leff discussed in history class, people will say whatever to make an opposing power think they are worth something, so they are not executed, and the Alcibiades in your story embodied that. Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember Alcibiades from Mr. Butler's history class. I like how you mixed Greek mythology with the story Alcibiades, turning the story in to kind of a Greek myth. Personally, I doubt the veracity of the original Alcibiades story, so I think turning it in to a Greek myth is very fitting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to read greek mythology stories all the time when I was a kid so this story was super fun to read. This felt and read the same way the mythical stories of the gods were written in the countless books I encountered. I thought it was awesome the way you intertwined the mysterious story of Alcibiades, a pretty cool character on his own, with the classic power dynamic of the three brothers. His story is kinda crazy so its fitting to turn it into a myth and to be honest, i think this telling of the story is even better than the ones we learn in history.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the narration. It sounded a lot like a mythical story from Greece, and does a great job to tell the crazy story of Alcibiades. I liked that you had Zeus, Poseidon and Hades controlling the three realms and that the other gods are the kings and other high members of the city-states.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think many of us read the Percy Jackson series as children, and as such, are more familiar with Greek gods and mythology than others, and as with Rick Riordan's depiction of Greek gods, I really like yours. Both seem to make the gods more flawed and petty, and somehow more human, which seems to me a better reflection of what a real supernatural being would be like than a perfect, all knowing, omnipotent god.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bledsoe's Elaborate Scam

Wright's Communist Bias

The Harlem Conversation